Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Very short note - the leaders are stewards over the revelations

This verse gave an interesting responsibility that the leaders of the church have that I had never thought of.

D&C 70:3 I, the Lord, have appointed them, and ordained them to be stewards over the revelations and commandments which I have given unto them, and which I shall hereafter give unto them;

Of course, in the case of Joseph Smith, part of that stewardship was also determining when to teach the saints about some of his revelations. He said:

"It is my meditation all the day, and more than my meat and drink, to know how I shall make the Saints of God comprehend the visions that roll like an overflowing surge before my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment