Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Very short note - a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise

Now here is a verse that I think we would be wise to follow.

Deuteronomy 16:19 Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.

I am not saying that we "wrest judgment", but I think we believe we are wise enough and clever enough not to be blinded by gifts in matters of judgment, where I think the reality is that a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise and pervert the words of the righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment