Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Moses did too go 40 days and nights without food or drink

I remember learning (in a BYU religion class as I recall) that the fasting in the old testament allowed some liquid and even juices and that was how people like Moses fasted 40 days. Not so!
Deuteronomy 9:9 When I was gone up into the mount to receive the tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant which the Lord made with you, then I abode in the mount forty days and forty nights, I neither did eat bread nor drink water.

No comments:

Post a Comment