Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Holding oneself hostage - wiser with our money than with our truth

I'm so weary of people holding themselves hostage on the internet and members who would give up their lives for the gospel turning around and giving up the gospel for such fools. No accountability for their own choices unless they are sufficiently coddled and there is no amount of coddling that turns out to be sufficient short of meeting all their demands.

There is no tyrant like the victim these days.

I think if someone wrote "I'm going to lose my testimony and go to hell and it will be your fault and you will be held accountable unless people donate at least $1000 in the next 24 hours" then people would know how ridiculous they were being. Oddly, we are not as discerning if someone types "I'm going to lose my testimony and go to hell and it will be your fault and you will be held accountable unless people stop plaguing me with fundamental eternal truth and doctrine".

We are wiser with our money than with our devotion to truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment