Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Very short note: the story of Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah

I need to remember to teach my kids the story of Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah instead of the story of Shadrak, Meshach, and Abed-nego. We call Daniel by the name given him by loving parents and discard what his cruel captors called him. Sure, this is no great moral issue. But I do think his three friends would probably appreciate the same consideration.

If the Lord spoke to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, or Azariah by name certainly he addressed them by name as: 
Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah. Again, no great moral issue here. Just giving our honored predecessors a consideration they may appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment