Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Prosperity and promises

I have been thinking about the two sided promise: "inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep the commandments of God ye shall be cut off from his presence"
We cannot remain both wicked and prosperous. Our prosperity is lavish beyond any other time or country in the world's history. To lose it will be quite shocking to us.
I don't know the timing. But I do know that as God is a God of truth and cannot lie his promises will be fulfilled, either to our prosperity, or to our destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment