Notes for my writing

This blog is made up of notes on the gospel as found in the only true and living church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes notes that are either excerpts from or ideas for books I either have in draft or may yet write.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Lord revealeth his secret to his friends

Hadn't noticed that these two scriptures are teaching the same thing:

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

and

Amos 3: 7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

The Lord isn't saying in John 15 that the church won't still call them his servants, he is saying he will personally call them friend instead of servant, and hence  Amos 3:7 uses the word servants. But it sounds like it is the same group being referred to in both cases and the point is that he will reveal what he is doing to them. And how did they become his friends? Because they would do whatsover he commanded them.

No comments:

Post a Comment